The Department of Philosophy is one of the leading departments for the study of Kant’s philosophy. John Callanan, Sacha Golob, Jessica Leech and Andrea Sangiovanni are all currently working on various issues in Kant’s theoretical and practical philosophy.
Today in the spotlight, the recent work of John Callanan:
- ‘Kant on the Spontaneous Power of the Mind’, forthcoming, British Journal of the History of Philosophy.
- ‘Kant on the Acquisition of Geometrical Concepts’, Canadian Journal of Philosophy, Vol. 44. Nos. 5-6, 580-604. (Reprinted in Kant: Studies on Mathematics in the Critical Period, eds. Emily Carson and Lisa Shabel, Routledge, 2015)
- ‘Mendelssohn and Kant on Mathematics and Metaphysics’, Kant Yearbook 2014, Vol. 6, No 1, 2014, 1-22.
- ‘Kant and the Role of the Holy Will’, Hegel Bulletin, 35 (2), 2014, 1-22.
- ‘Kant on Nativism, Scepticism and Necessity,’ Kantian Review, 18, (1), 2013, 1-27.
- ‘Kant and the Comparison of Animals’, in Kant and Animals, Allais and Callanan (eds.)