King’s College London is one of the top 5 research centres for philosophy in the country. One of its areas of focus is Political Philosophy.
Selected Recent Publications in Political Philosophy
Lorenzo Del Savio
- (with Buyx A, Prainsack B and H Völzke) Forthcoming. Every participant is a principal investigator – Citizen Science and Participatory Governance in Population Research. The International Journal of Epidemiology
- (with Giulia Cavaliere) 2016. The problem with commercial surrogacy: A reflection on reproduction, markets, and labour. Biolaw Journal n.2.
- (with Matteo Mameli) 2015. La democrazia oltre alla democrazia rappresentativa. Fondazione Giangiacome Feltrinelli
- (with Matteo Mameli) 2015. Power Hierarchies and Social Status: On the Normative Significance of Social Epidemiology. The American Journal of Bioethics, 15(3): 52-53.
- (with Stupka E, Loi M) 2013. Social Epigenetics and Equality of Opportunity. Public Health Ethics, 6(2): 142-153.
Forthcoming. Migration. In Serena Olsaretti (ed.) The Oxford Handbook of Distributive Justice. Oxford University Press.
(Co-edited with Daniel Butt and Zofia Stemplowska) Forthcoming. Political Philosophy, Here and Now: Essays in Honour of David Miller. Oxford University Press.
Forthcoming. Immigration and the Right to Exclude. Oxford University Press.
(Co-edited with Lea Ypi) 2016. Migration in Political Theory: The Ethics of Movement and Membership. Oxford University Press.
2016. Immigration and Discrimination. In Fine and Ypi (eds.) Migration in Political Theory: The Ethics of Movement and Membership. Oxford University Press.
2013. The Ethics of Immigration: Self-Determination and the Right to Exclude. Philosophy Compass.
2010. Freedom of Association Is Not the Answer. Ethics.
and many others.
- (with Camporesi, S.) 2016. Trading participation for access to health-care: A morally relevant feature of participation in clinical research. JOSHA – Journal of Science, Humanities and Arts 3, 4
- (with Lorenzo Del Savio) 2015. La democrazia oltre alla democrazia rappresentativa. Fondazione Giangiacome Feltrinelli
- (with Lorenzo Del Savio) 2015. Power Hierarchies and Social Status: On the Normative Significance of Social Epidemiology. The American Journal of Bioethics, 15(3): 52-53.
- (with Lorenzo Del Savio) 2014. Anti-representative democracy and oligarchic capture. openDemocracy
- Forthcoming 2017. Wrong by Convention. Ethics [preprint]
- 2016. Promises and Conflicting Obligations. Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy Vol. 11 No. 1, pp. 1-19.
- 2015. Tolerance as Civility. Philosopher’s Imprint Vol 15 No. 20 pp. 1-13.
- 2014. ‘Does A Promise Transfer a Right?‘ in G. Letsas, P. Saprai and G. Klass – Philosophical Foundations of Contract Law (Oxford: Oxford University Press 2014) pp. 78-95.
- 2012. ‘The Value of Duty‘. Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society Supplementary Volume LXXVI pp. 199-215.
- Forthcoming 2017. Humanity Without Dignity: Moral Equality, Respect, and Human Rights. Harvard University Press
- 2016. Is Coercion a Ground of Distributive Justice?. Law and Philosophy 35: 271-90
- 2015. How Practices Matter. Journal of Political Philosophy 24: 3-23
- 2015. Solidarity as Joint Action. Journal of Applied Philosophy 32: 340-59
and many others.
- Forthcoming. Samuel Moyn on Christian Human Rights. King’s Law Journal
- 2016. ‘Suarez and Bellarmine on the Church as a Coercive Lawgiver’ in Legge e Natura I dibattiti teologici e giuridici fra XV e XVII secolo ed Riccardo Saccenti and Cinzia Sulas. Arricia: Aracne editrice 2016 pp287-332
- 2015. Francisco Suarez: Selections from Three Works. ed Thomas Pink. Liberty Fund
- 2015. ‘Jacques Maritain and the problem of Church and State’ in The Thomist, 79(1), 1-42
- 2014. ‘Law and the normativity of obligation’ Jurisprudence Annual Lecture 2014 – Jurisprudence, vol 5: 1–28
- 2013. ‘The Interpretation of Dignitatis Humanae: A Reply to Martin Rhonheimer‘ Nova et Vetera, English Edition Vol. 11, No. 1: 77–121